Welcome to the Lafayette County Tax Collector
News & Announcements
• The 2nd quarterly Installment Plan payment is due by September 30, 2014. If you are on this plan you should be receiving your bill within the next few weeks. If you do not receive your bill please call the office.
• The 2014 Tax bills will be mailed by the 1st of November 2014. If you have an address change please notify us immediately so that we can make sure your bill is mailed to the correct address.
• Please note that the Tax Collector’s Office also provides services for the DMV (Driver License included) and FWC (Hunting and Fishing License).
As the Tax Collector I am proud to serve and represent the People of our great County. I would like for you to know that I am a Member of the Florida Tax Collector’s Association. The Association strives to improve the quality of services for all Floridians. The Tax Collector’s Offices are broken down into districts. Our District consists of Lafayette, Suwannee, Hamilton, Madison, Taylor, Jefferson, Leon and Wakulla Counties. I am proud to say that we our known to be one of the best districts in the State. We meet quarterly to discuss issues affecting our offices and the services we provide. In conclusion I would also like to tell you that beginning September 1, 2014 the prices of yearly decal renewals are going down about $25.00 depending on the vehicle. If you have already received your bill the amount may not reflect the accurate amount. Please contact us before mailing in your renewals.
If you have any questions please contact our office.
• NOTE: Your Billing Address is very important to us, please contact this office if you have moved or have changed your address.
• PROPERTY OWNERS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT PROPERTY TAXES ARE DUE ANNUALLY.
• Questions about these tax bills or services please contact this office at 386-294-1961 or fax 386-294-2462.
I hope the information contained herein is informative and helpful to you. My
goal is to provide you the highest level of service in the most cost effective
I trust this website will be of benefit to you and hope you will contact me if you have any questions.